
'Non-violence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time; the need for mankind to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Mankind must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.'
Martin Luther King Jr., December 11, 1964
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think Martin Luther King Jr meant by these words?
Is this quote still applicable for today?


3 comments:
that humans can be hypocrytical and you cannot fight fire with fire.
we do not beleive that this is relevant because the only way to get something really, really done properly is by using some kind of force. it can be sad but maybe it just sometimes is necesary
I believe that there IS a need to overcome all things violent, but some people have mental and behavioural problems and cannot stop. Others have been conformed that way. I am definitely NOT defending these people. I am being realistic looking at the history of our world.
The Bible refers to loving everyone, but it will never happen through the entirety of our existence-sad but true.
It is a conflict between what SHOULD happen and what WILL happen
I love MLK Jr's words. They are powerful and inspiring, but how is the WHOLE world supposed to abide by this? A majority of people would want world peace, but I am sure there will be people who abuse it.
I agree wiht what s jetson said, but I think we should try harder to love and be kind to others, regardless of what they do to us. Even though it can be one of the hardest things to do, others may follow the example and therefore change.
I think this appies to our polititions at the moment. Don't they realise that the wars aren't creating world peace, but instead casuing more problems? They should go about it in a kind and peacful way. Maybe helping the people who live there or letting more people live in Australia or USA or something.
Post a Comment