Saturday, October 21, 2006

Gun safety



Are gun manufacturers doing all they should to manufacture safe weapons?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

a gun is designed to kill, you can't make that safe

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've heard of a weapon that was "made safe", let alone of manufacturers "doing all they should" to acheive this.

Anonymous said...

N Hess, guns are not always designed to kill. There are certain firearms that are designed for recreational clay target shooting, and there are also the guns that fire rubber bullets to break up riots. You can make weapons safe by ensuring they don't unintentionally discharge or explode when dropped or bumped, and the responsibility is the owner's to ensure it is locked up securely when not in use.

As firearms are not subject to any federal health or consumer safety oversight, you would think that the answer is no. In the corporate world firearms are just another consumer product, and they are more worried about turning a profit that ensuring the public's safety.

Anonymous said...

yeh, i think gun making is fine it depends on which gun is being made

Anonymous said...

I dont think that manufacturues are doing all they can to make weapons safe how can you make a safe gun?

Anonymous said...

I think the gun manufactures are making the guns safer. In the year 2019 I think guns will only be used in the wars.

Anonymous said...

I think that gun manufactures are putting more effort into gun safety more than ever with all the trigger guards and safety locks.

Anonymous said...

i think that guns are supposed to be 'cool' and you are soo blindfolded if you hink so but there designes to seriously injure people and sometimes kill

Anonymous said...

there's no such thing as a safe gun, yes there are firearms designed to shoot targets and whatever, but how safe can you make a conventional gun used for fighting and killing???

Anonymous said...

I agree with n hess after all guns/weapons are designed to KILL!!! they may seem harmless to those with better guns/weapons but they are LETHAL to ANYONE!!!! because of this, I think all guns/weapons should be destroyed and gun/weapon manufacturing should be illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

if you no how to use a gun and if u own 1 the worlds goin crazy
r edwards

Anonymous said...

if you know how a gun works and u have shot it or if u own one its okay its only people who are not familar with them are the dangerous 1s