Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Execution of Saddam Hussein

Do you think Saddam Hussein's demise will now give way to reconciliation?


I believe I may speak for many that I think the hanging of Saddam Hussein will not end the violence in the country.

Many in Iraq hailed the hanging of the tyrant Saddam Hussein as a deserved punishment for a man it holds responsible for killing and torturing millions of Iraqis and others from neighbouring countries who suffered during his despotic regime.

Like many people, I was clued to the television when it was finally announced Hussein was to be executed, however had mixed reactions over the event. I have reflected over the words of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

'The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it… Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate…. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; Only love can do that'.

Perhaps we need more men like Martin Luther King Jnr in this world ...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think he should of died to end his dictatorship but now all of the folowers might take thier reveng

Anonymous said...

I believe saddam hussein should be hanged because he killed to many people and they where innocent and they didn't desurve it.

Anonymous said...

I believe that Saddam Hussein should be hanged. He killed so many innocent people I think him being hanged is good, hopefully it will end some violence in the world.

Anonymous said...

I think he should have gotten a second chance. But well all is done now! He will just be awaiting his sentence by god now!!!!

Anonymous said...

Although Saddam Hussein was a dangeous tyrant, and killed many innocent people, I believe that through senctencing his death, the violence increased.I believe that the Americans should have kept him in a heavily gaurded jail, because God overall decides punishment, it is not up to man to determine somebody elses future, especially when that very person sins himself.

Anonymous said...

i agree with what rhawke and a.snooks said, that he shoul have died, but the violence will increase............
but it didn't accomplish anything.
oh well what can you do?

Anonymous said...

Killing Saddam didn't help the world. We don't feel safer, we don't feel happier. So why did we do this? Sinning becasue somebody else did. Killing more won't make us happier or better looking. It certainly won't change mankind.. GTG will continue

Anonymous said...

CONT...

Killing Saddam didn't help the world. We don't feel safer, we don't feel happier. So why did we do this? Sinning becasue somebody else did. Killing more won't make us happier or better looking. It certainly won't change mankind to make it a better place. Killing people only causes more contraversy and debate, including revenge, pain and hurt. It may provide a bit of hope but what is that hope for? That his gone there is not going to be more destruction and hurt, people are still going to die form other reasons. There are still theifs, killers, rappers, phedophiles out there just because Saddams dead doesn't mean that their going to not commit there crimes, killing Saddam didn't change anything. It didn't it won't and it never will. There are more ways to deal with this then the way that was chosen.

Saddam is dead, but his followers are still out there working for Al Qada still causin destruction and pain to our world. What justica did it show, what does it say about our mankind? I don't think it's a very positive outlook, and suggestion. Think about it, what good has this caused? Then you'll truly see my choice of opinion.

Anonymous said...

this is just sad

I.Boram said...

just chuck him in jail 4eva